Thursday, November 24, 2011

Craft Accessories: Pin cushions

Even though crocheters generally don't use this stuff, most of us have our hands in a variety of different craft areas, such as sewing. So I figured, why not. This segment was mostly inspired by Secretlifeofabionerd's video on her personal channel on youtube. She talked about her pincushions. While I don't really have anything really classy or fun to show you of my own, I will be making some soon to sell now that I have gotten the urge to make them. Etsians really know how to spark a creative spirit in me. I'll show pictures of a few pincushions and such, then I will list links for honorable mentions.

I love nature. Hands down. Also, I love the fact that the mushrooms look like they are from Super Mario.



I love whimsical little fairy things. Not the Disney Tinkerbell kind of fairy, but rather the old school fantasy type. Such as the fairies in Fairytale: A true story.
Gray mushroom


I love the detailed bead and embroidery worked onto this one. You can tell the creator spent some time on this one.


The mixed media on this purple cushion catches the eye of anyone who sees it. It is a pretty feminine piece that any little girl would cherish in her sewing box.
Purple pincushion


This little guy is easily mistaken as an ordinary stuffed animal, which you could honestly use him for anyways. But, I think he'd be a much more charming companion to hold my pins and needles, sitting beside me when I while away my time working on my small projects.


Don't you find this sweet little tarts to be delicious looking? They are also so easy to make, seeing as how there are so many tutorials posted on youtube as to how to make them. I would like to say that, if you feel that it takes too much time or effort to spend on making these, it would be nice if you would support the handmade community this season. Because many of us other crafters cannot.
Mini tarts


Who wouldn't love having this little guy stowed away in their crafting corner? Once you get him all filled up with pins, just imagine how much more handsome he would be! Such a cutey.


This looks like a fantasy come true. They also come in all other sorts of colors. I guess it's supposed to look like a castle on top of a cupcake. All I saw though was the castle part, at first. Oops!
Castle

Finally, there is this little embroidered ring. I love the colors, textures and the fact that it is easy to use. No more of that having to cover my wrist up with sleeves when using that harsh wrist pincushion.



Honorable mentions:
Chickens
Mannequins
White mushroom
Owls
Christmas deer
Vintage mannequin
Antique pincushion
Fox-y puncushion
Your grandma's style

De Colores!
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment